Volunteering, internships and engagement of employees will be offered at Unnati ISEC’s tribal field area in
Maharashtra – specifically in the Melghat region (Akola district) and Shahapur block (Thane district).
Opportunities with Unnati ISEC for volunteering, internships and employee engagement:
Place: Villages in the Akot Block of Akola district (Vidarbha)
Type: Residential, minimum 6 days – maximum 12 days
Target group: i) Children, youths, adults from tribal villages ii) Unnati ISEC as an organization
You can choose the activities from the below list:
- With Children, youths, adults from tribal villages
- with children from primary and secondary grades
- Mathematics session using play-way methods
- Art sessions
- Language games, language fares
- Science games
- With youths from the tribal villages
- Financial education
- Understand your body and emotions
- Sports competition
- Sports sessions
- In the village
- Household survey
- Survey of education status
- Survey of livelihood status
- With the Adults
- Financial Education
- Film screening and discussion
- Games sessions
- Two days training will be provided to the volunteers on the sessions to be conducted, Do’s and Don’t’s,
orientation of tribal culture.
- In the space of library for children
- We have a library for children with approx 1300 books, which is constantly growing. We would like if
technology help us in keeping record and analysis of i) borrowing of books by the children and others.
- Books read most by the children iii) periodic stocktaking of books etc.
- Being part of library sessions in the village library for borrowing books.
- Story telling sessions with children, adults in village/school/Unnati centre.
- Organising book fairs/events in villages and schools.
- Library management- Segregating and labeling books, maintaining book- excel sheet.
- Creating audio-visual content for website, blog, youtube channel.
- Creating posts, stories on Facebook and Instagram.
- Documentation- processes, reports, book catalogue, stock report.
- Planning library sessions on prominent days/events in month to celebrate.
- Unnati ISEC as an organization
- Helping the organisation strengthening its social media platforms.
- Providing knowledge and technological support for effective use of technology in its programmes.
- Guidance in data management.
Arrangements of lodging and food:
Unnati ISEC will make the homely arrangements available in the village, the cost of which will be borne by the
What will the volunteer / intern / employee achieve?
- Orientation to a different culture, living and values
- Understand different ‘childhoods’
- Understand ‘village’
- Joy and satisfaction from dealing with different kinds of people
- Challenge to our own biases and prejudices
- Understand the ‘Social sector’, its non-profit nature and its contribution to the development of humanity
- Ample reflection opportunities for ‘looking inside and outside’
- Glimpses of educational pedagogy
Costs and expenses:
The costs include:
- Lodging and food charges (Approx. Rs.300/- to Rs. 500/-) per day. Simple but very clean accommodation in a
village on sharing basis with basic amenities, mainly vegetarian food, occasionally non-vegetarian food)
- Travel from home to the field and back (Approx. Rs 1200/- to 3500/- per trip) depending upon the class of
the railway coach. Travel is mainly by train. Its an overnight journey from Mumbai and Pune.
- Travel during the field for conducting sessions (Rs. 100/ - per day including petrol and vehicle charges)